Thursday, March 25, 2010

long long ago

an idea struck me
made me smile
gave me pride.
gave me wings
n i looked into the mirror.
that's all i did,
for i was busy
cherishing what i owned
and was lost
in myself.

i played with it
in my head:
how id blog about it,
add romance to it
in a lyrical style,
touch hearts, wet eyes,
connect,
bring myself a name and fame
to satiate my self.

me as i am,
i made myself open
to many more ideas.
visuals, feelings,
words, sounds,
tastes, perspectives,
name it and you have it.
the wide web welcomed me
an insect
but who willingly got trapped
in and sunk into
it all by itself.

then followed saturation
information all around,
me the observer.
too many people,
too much hunger,
convolutions, power politics,
religion, blindfolds,
opiated vents, skyscrappers,
palm islands, diamond mafia,
name it and you have it.
i couldn't even remember
that i had an idea
nor can i recollect what it was, now.
for there have been
many more like that since,
as i remain an observer
all unto myself.

2 comments: